Monday, July 8, 2013

Blogging and working

Maybe it should be more, "Working and not blogging."  Because that's what happens.  When I work, I don't have time to blog because I'm either at work or sleeping.  Dang. Oh well.

How was your 4th of July?  Mine was full of community and fireworks.  Big S had to work so Little S and I celebrated with some friends from church who have a big party every year for Independence Day.  It was smaller this year, but still full of friends and Little S having fun in a baby pool with his friend.  After eating, we ventured with the Godparents to a celebration put on by the parents of friends from college.  Oh my wow.  Between the fireworks choreographed to an Eye of the Tiger music video and the main display of fireworks being quite close to us, I'm not sure we'll be returning.  Knowing us, probably, but I don't think I got "Mom of the Year" nominations with that decision.


While I am posting pictures, I wanted to show of my recent nail art.  I've never dyed my hair and my wardrobe is pretty much gray, white, black, and navy, so the way I jazz myself up is by my nails or earrings.  Sadly, nail polish is pretty much one of the only things that causes dissension in our house.  Big S HATES the smell of nail polish and complains after I do my nails, asking me EVERY TIME to paint them outside.  I think the temperature affects the polish making it harder to apply smoothly.  

Anyway, here are my 4th of July nails that I'm quite proud of, and what I did tonight.

The sparkles are actually silver and red.  Yay!

The tips are actually painted white, but it's hard to tell because it's a pearly white.  I'm not digging the sparkles as much as I thought I would, but it jazzes the nails up a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment